United One Communications has a career opening for a Network Security Engineer / CND at MacDill AFB, FL.
- Provide system administrator (ex. Linux, Windows, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems, End Point Security ) support installing, operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, administrating, and cybersecurity hardening of operating systems on both the classified and unclassified systems (SIPR and NIPR).
- Utilize formal network security monitoring policies and procedures that include the appropriate use of DoD-approved IDPS tools that have automated alert capabilities enabled
- Perform Detection (Monitoring and Analysis) activities on the JCSE using Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System sensors (IDS/IPS), hereafter called sensors.
- Follow documented procedures for characterizing anomalous events detected by sensors and other network monitoring systems.
- Review and analyze logs in a timely manner to detect intruders.
- Provide notice of suspicious/malicious network traffic or similar activities that suggest an impending or ongoing attack.
- Search for distributed, long-term, coordinated, low-visibility network-based attacks to identify possible unauthorized activity utilizing exploratory problem-solving or self-learning techniques. Suspicious/significant activity will be shared among the CND/IA community.
- Report potential incidents and correlated information from these incidents/events that occur on sensors using documented procedures in accordance with DoD guidance.
- Document and escalate incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 yrs. of relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2-6 yrs of prior relevant experience; Specific experience, education, and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- CSSP Analyst (CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA-Security, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, Cloud+, SCYBER)
- Minimum Secret Clearance
Our benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Employer-Contributed Match
- Professional Development Assistance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
United One Communications headquartered in Tampa, Florida was founded to support and defend our nation’s security interests worldwide. We provide cybersecurity, systems engineering, network communications, IT management solutions to the United States Department of Defense.
United One Communications is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.